Top Tools: Essential Features To Keep Customers On Your Affiliate Marketing Website
Just don’t focus on the home page, keywords and titles
The first step to sales when customers visit your site to see the products they were looking for. Of course, search engine optimization and better rankings can’t keep your customer on your site or make them buy.
The customers having visited your site, now ensure that they get interested in your products or services and stays around. Motivate them to buy the product by providing clear and unambiguous information. Thus if you happen to sell more than one product or service, provide all necessary information about this, may be by keeping the information on a different page.
By providing suitable and easily visible links, the customer can navigate to these pages and get the details.
Understanding Your Target Customer
Click Image To Enlarge
If you design a website you think will attract clients, but you don’t really know who your customers are and what they want to buy, it is unlikely you make much money. Website business is an extension or replacement for a standard storefront. You can send email to your existing clients and ask them to complete a survey or even while they are browsing on your website.
Ask them about their choices. Why do they like your products? Do you discount prices or offer coupons? Are your prices consistently lower than others? Is your shipping price cheaper? Do you respond faster to client questions? Are your product descriptions better? Your return policies and guarantees better than your competitor’s?
To know your customer you can check credit card records or ask your customer to complete a simple contact form with name, address, age, gender, etc. when they purchase a product.
Does your website give enough contact information?
When you sell from a website, your customer can buy your products 24 hrs a day and also your customers may be from other states that are thousands of miles away. Always provide contact information, preferably on every page of your website, complete with mailing address, telephone number and an email address that reaches you. People may need to contact you about sales, general information or technical problems on your site.
Also have your email forwarded to another email address if you do not check your website mailbox often. When customer wants to buy online provide enough options like credit card, PayPal or other online payment service.
Top Tips to Get Repeat Website Traffic
Click Image To Enlarge
- Update the pages on your website frequently. Stagnant sites are dropped by some search engines. You can even put a date counter on the page to show when it was last updated.
- Offer additional value on your website. For affiliates and partners you can place links to their sites and products and ask them to do the same for you. You can also advertise their books or videos, if these products relate to your industry and are not in competition with your own product.
- 3. You can allow customers to ‘opt in’ to get discounts and special offers. Place a link on your site to invite customers to ‘opt in’ to get a monthly newsletter or valuable coupons.
- Add a link to your primary page with a script ‘Book Mark or Add this site to your Favorites’.
- Add a link ‘Recommend this site to a Friend’ so that the visitor can email your website link, with a prewritten title, “Thought you might be interested in this”, just by clicking on it.
- Brand your website so that visitors always know they are on your site. Use consistent colors, logos and slogans and always provide a ‘Contact Us’ link on each page.
- Create a FAQ page which addresses most of the doubts and clarifications about your product or your company that are likely to be asked. This helps to resolve most of the customers doubts in their first visit to your site.
- Ensure that each page on your website has appropriate titles and keywords so that your customer can find their way back to your site if they lose the book mark.
- Never spam a client, who has opted for newsletters, with unsolicited emails. Later if they decide they want to ‘opt out’ of the mailings, be sure you honor their request and take them off the mailing list. They may still come back if they like your products. But they will certainly not come back if you continue to flood their email box with mails they no longer wish to receive.
Top tools to monitor your website
Click Image To Enlarge
You can’t just put your website on the net with right keywords and all the right touches and expect your traffic and ranking will remain constant. As the web is an ever changing landscape, you have to keep track of your own web results like what is happening with the competition and also the best and highest ranked sites. There are many useful tools to help you find out what exactly is happening. Make sure your website toolbox is packed with all the right ones.
- A tool which you can use to test your own website links or other websites for broken links: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
- With this tool you can check search engines for the number of back links to your URL i.e. other web pages linking to your site: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/backlinks/
- It sometimes becomes important to know where the servers of your hosting company are physically located. Because, some search engines like Google have the ability to filter search results based on their physical location called geotargeting. This could be used to determine why your site is showing in only a certain country. This link can also be used to research the country location of a particular competitor’s website: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/website-country/
- In order to track the location of the visitor or a customer to your website: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/geovisitors/
- In order to check the Yahoo! web ranking of your’s or your competitor’s website use: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/webrank/
- Here is a link to check the web ranking of a website: https://tools.digitalpoint.com/
- You need a Google AdSense account for using this. This link provides you with charts and reports which will help you analyze traffic, clicks, and results from your AdSense advertising: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/adsense-charts/
- If you have an AdSense account, you can analyze your website address or another website address to see what Google ads will be displayed when the customer selects certain website names or Keywords: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/adsense-sandbox/
- This link will take you to a cooperative advertising network where you can join to display and share your ads with other website owners: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/
- You can add the Search Functionality on your website which uses Google. Take Note: This works only if your site is listed in the Google: Index. http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/search/
Here are some links to free website counters which you can use on your website to track your traffic and hits:
Top Affiliate Marketing Training: Free Opportunity To Make Great Money
Ok people there is loads of information in the above sections about Marketing on the internet, but the most important thing you should remember is if you want to get into marketing as an affiliate is to treat it like a business. Do this and you will never have to go back to a 9 to 5 job again. With dedication and commitment a career in internet marketing as an affiliate will definitely change your life very quickly.
To become an affiliate you have to start at the bottom and work your way up the ladder but this is not the usual type of promotion ladder. This is your own online business, therefore starting at the bottom means you have to get some basic training and preferably have your own website. Once you have those then you can join affiliate programs to promote products and services.
Click Image To Enlarge
So far it seems relatively easy, does it not? Well it is easy to get started if you can find a good online company with a top training program to get you started. This can be a trial and error experience when you don’t know exactly what it is you need.
There are many companies out there on the web who say and even promise you they have the answer to your prayers of working from home with your own online business. But do they deliver all that they say they will on their promotion sites and video’s? I know from experience they don’t even come close and most of it is BS.
There are some good ones but in my experience and perhaps yours as well most of the promises of rags to riches come with a price tag and usually fail to deliver. Loads of bells and whistles, and maybe a free trial but at the end of the day you are left on your own and out off pocket. I know this is only too true because before I got to where I am today I had joined some of these ‘Scam’ programs and although I tried and put in the time and effort I made very little money.
I eventually came across an online company called Wealthy Affiliate and of course I read up on loads of reviews about it. I also looked on the scam reporting sites, Forums, Notice Boards, the lot and believe it or not I could not find anything about this company that said – “Don’t Do This”, “This Is Crap”, “They Only Want Your Money”. I also asked about it on my Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites I’m a member of, and again nobody told me “Stay Away From It”. So I joined and you know what, I haven’t looked back since.
Just like any other job you will only get out off it what you are willing to put into it. But that will not be a problem because Wealthy Affiliate has a training program that in my opinion is the best online training you could ever hope to have access to, and I should know because I was a Trainer for many years in my old 9 to 5 job.
Here is just a few of the things you will have access to with WA:
500+ Training Video’s
13 plus Interactive Online Classrooms
Interactive Live Help around the clock Worldwide
State of the Art Website Hosting
1,400 website templates/themes
An In-House Affiliate Program
There’s a whole lot more in your WA toolbox you can use to ensure you are on the right track to that online income you want from a business you can run without setting foot outside your front door.
There’s also a lot more I can tell you but it’s always best to see for yourself isn’t it? So without wasting any more of your time I will point you in the direction of this company. But before you have a look and only if you have the time, please leave a comment below and let me know what your own personal opinion of work from home opportunities is. There’s also a Contact Me form you can access from the top menu.
Anyone Can be An Affiliate Marketer With The Proper Training
I want to thank you for reading this far and if you have then I can assume you are interested in working from home and at the very least want to try it out. Anyone can do this and nobody needs a credit card to get started because it will not cost you a penny to become a Starter Member and once you do you will be given two free websites which will be hosted for you on the internet for free as well.
Have a look and make up your own mind. It wont cost you anything to do that and remember it’s the action takers that make money and the tyre kickers who end up on the sidelines with empty pockets. Click the image below and you are off on a great journey to success with your own online business you will be running from your own home.
Have a nice day.