How To Design A Website
Having a professional build your website is a wise investment, particularly if you want to establish yourself as a serious and professional business person. If you’re not web site savvy, you can easily be short changed, particularly if you don’t know what questions to ask. There are 10 important questions you should want answered before opening your wallet.
Assuming you already have a fairly good idea of what you want on your business website and will more than likely be writing your own copy or having it written for you, below are the questions you need answered to help you create an effective website without breaking the bank or delaying your plans.
10 Important Questions To Ask Web Developers Before Dishing Out The Dough
- Price by project or by the hour? Accepting an hourly rate agreement gives you little control over costs unless you put a spending cap into effect. If you have to exercise the spending cap, what if your site is only partially complete? Inevitably, you will have to dish out more dough to get it finished and this is a strain you want to avoid as you start your new business.
- Once the site is complete who will maintain it? If the developer offers this service, what are the costs and turn-around time? If you’d rather assume modification control, do they offer access to and training on editing software?
- What is the expected completion date for the site? You want to be in a position to plan ahead for the launch. Having this information will allow you to organize your marketing efforts and prioritize all other plans that tie in to “going live”.
- What is the payment structure? Do they want all of the money up front? Or half now and the other half upon completion? Make sure you hold back partial payment until your site is complete and you are fully satisfied with the results.
- Will your designer submit your site to the search engines or will this be your responsibility? If this is your responsibility, do your homework to ensure you cover all the steps. (Keywords and META tags must be done prior to submission.)
- Who will be responsible for search engine optimization? This is usually an add-on service, so find out if your developer includes it with site development, offers it at an additional cost, or if you will have to contract it out to a third party.
- Who will hold the master key to your site? Make sure you do! Don’t leave this critical component of your business and marketing strategy in the control of a third party. Get all passwords and access to all data. You can then change them.
- Will your developer teach you how to read your web logs/stats so you can understand the how, what, where and why of your visitors?
- Has the developer designed other sites for your niche market?
- Has the web designer provided a portfolio, testimonials or references from others in your niche market? Have you verified the references?
A website is a major component of your marketing strategy and business success folks. Do your due diligence in selecting a web developer and don’t hesitate to ask as many questions as it takes to fully understand both your and your developer’s role in the process.
Create Free Website Earn Money
Of course you don’t have to pay out good money to have a website created. With the right training and backup support you could easily do it yourself and save yourself a bundle.
How do I find a good training I hear you ask?
It’s easy enough because you have landed on one website that will point you in the direction of the number one online training program on the internet today.
Once you sign up to this program as a free Starter member you will receive not one but two websites and be shown how to create a business website with wordpress. You will also have all the training, help and 24/7 support you will ever need.
Take note I did say FREE and this is no BS or fly-by-night company you see for a week or two then disappears without trace. This company has been around quite a few years now and is going from strength to strength.
How To Create A Business From A Website
I’m leaving some links below so that you can see for yourself exactly what you will get from this company that will actually give you the training to have your own online business that you can run from home. That’s Right! Your own home based business that will earn you an income for many years to come if not for the rest of your life.
Go and read those other web pages and then click through to the website. I’m sure you will be impressed.
How To Create A Business Website For Free
Do it today though – nothing like striking while the iron’s hot and I will be inside waiting to help you all I can. You only have to ask me and/or any other of the half million members for help to get your business website up and running. And you will get this help and support more or less right away. No hanging around waiting for hours/days or even weeks like you have to with some programs. You will never, ever be left on your own, so as I said have a browse through these other pages.
This is me signing off.