How to become a Professional Blogger – Make Money From Home Publishing Your Own Blog
Updated June 2016
A weblog (or simply blog) is a website that ‘publishes’ or features articles (which are called ‘blog posts’, ‘posts’, or ‘entries’), written by an individual or a group that make use of any or a combination of the following:
a) Straight texts
b) Photographs or images (photoblog)
d) Audio files (audioblog)
Usually presented and arranged in reverse chronological order, blogs are essentially used for the following purposes:
- Online journal or a web diary
- Content management system
- Online publishing platform
A typical blog has the following components:
- Post date – the date and time of the blog entry
- Category – the category that the blog belongs to
- Title – the title of the blog
- Main body – the main content of the blog
- RSS and trackback – links the blog back from other sites
- Comments – commentaries that are added by readers
- Permalinks – the URL of the full article
Other optional items – calendar, archives, blogrolls, and add-ons or plug-ins
A blog can also have a footer, usually found at the bottom of the blog, that shows the post date, the author, the category, and the ‘stats’ (the number of comments or trackbacks).
There are a wide variety of subjects and categories that cater to numerous types of blogs. Some of them are the following:
- Political blog – on news, politics, activism, and other issue based blogs (such as campaigning)
- Personal blog – also known as online diary that may include an individual’s day-to-day experience, complaints, poems, and illicit thoughts, and communications between friends
- Topical blog – with focus either on a particular niche (function or position) that is usually technical in nature or local information
- Health blog – on specific health issues. Medical blog is a major category of health blog that features medical news from health care professionals and/or actual patient cases
- Literary blog – also known as litblog
- Travel blog – with focus on a traveler’s stories on a particular journey
- Research blog – on academic issues such as research notes
- Legal blog – on law (technical areas) and legal affairs; also known as ‘blawgs’
- Media blog – focus on falsehoods or inconsistencies in mass media; usually exclusive for a newspaper or a television network
- Religious blog – on religious topics
- Educational blog – on educational applications, usually written by students and teachers
- Collaborative or collective blog – a specific topic written by a group of people
- Directory blog – contains a collection of numerous web sites
- Business blog – used by entrepreneurs and corporate employees to promote their businesses or talk about their work
- Personification blog – focus on non-human being or objects (such as dogs)
- Spam blogs – used for promoting affiliated websites; also known as ‘splogs’
Blogging is typically done on a regular (almost daily) basis. The term “blogging” refers to the act of authoring, maintaining, or adding an article to an existing blog, while the term “blogger” refers to a person or a group who keeps a blog.
Today, more than 3 million blogs can be found in the Internet. This figure is continuously growing, as the availability of various blog software, tools, and other applications make it easier for just about anyone to update or maintain the blog (even those with little or no technical background). Because of this trend, bloggers can now be categorized into 4 main types:
- Personal bloggers – people who focus on a diary or on any topic that an individual feels strongly about
- Business bloggers – people who focus on promoting products and services
- Organizational bloggers – people who focus on internal or external communication in an organization or a community
- Professional bloggers – people who are hired or paid to do blogging
PROBLOGGING: MAKING MONEY FROM BLOGS
Problogging (professional blogging) refers to blogging for a profit. Probloggers (professional bloggers) are people who make money from blogging (as an individual blog publisher or a hired blogger).
Below are just some of the many money-making opportunities for probloggers:
a) Advertising programs
d) Affiliate Programs
e) Digital assets
f) Blog network writing gigs
g) Business blog writing gigs
h) Non blogging writing gigs
j) Flipping blogs
l) Consulting and speaking
Its always best to have a Business Plan and therefore the following are a few things that you need to consider if you want to be successful in problogging:
Click Image To Enlarge
- Be patient. Problogging requires a lot of time and effort, not to mention a long-term vision
- Know your audience. Targeting a specific audience or group is a key to building a readership
- Be an ‘expert’. Focus on a specific niche topic and strive to be the “go-to” blogger on that topic
- Diversify. Experiment with various add and affiliate programs that enable you to make money online (aside from blogging)
- Do not bore your readers. Focus on the layout. White spaces, line spacings, and bigger fonts make a blog welcoming to read
Certainly, it is possible to earn money from blogs. One just needs to take risks, the passion, and the right attitude in order to be a successful problogger.
If you’re pretty good at stringing words together you could make good money blogging with this skill and even if you’re not there are other ways. For example, do you have a hobby or interest you know a great deal about? Do you have a particular skill or knowledge gained over a period of time? These are things you would be seen as an expert on and you could blog about them on a regular basis with your own blog. Once you start to get a following the sky’s the limit for you to earn an income from blogging as a member of online communities, forums, newsletter, newsboards or even with your own website.
Having your own websites is a great idea because then you have total control over it and what your blog content is about as well, and with an RSS feed you can spread the word world-wide and get visitors flocking to your site to see what you have to say. You could also advertise products as an affiliate on your site as well that are related to the subject of your blog and make yourself a pretty decent online income. Interested, because if you are I know just the place where you can go to get started.
There is an online company with a program that in my opinion is second to none for launching internet careers, and they will give you two websites for nothing and host those sites on the internet for you totally free as well. I can assure you this is a great deal if you know anything about building money making websites and the cost of hosting them. Still interested?
The name of this company is Wealthy Affiliate and you can signup to their free Starter Membership through the link in the image below. This link will take you to a simple form for a few personal details (NO credit card ones required), and once you click-through you will have instant access to everything. This includes over 500 video’s, online classrooms, online bootcamp, private messaging with other members, a live online chat function and the list goes on and on. As I said above, a great deal.
Click Image To Enlarge
Click the image below and you’re on your way to an income from home for the rest of your life, which of course means your financial security for the rest of your life as well.
This is an opportunity to have your own internet business you can run from your own home and way too good pass up. Take action today and get started blogging for profit with Wealthy Affiliate today.
Before you do this you can leave a comment below and let me and the other readers of this article know what you think. It will be very much appreciated and I will reply.
Thank you for reading this far and have a nice day.