The Controversy Around Corporate Blogging
Updated June 2016
Will Corporate Blogging Succeed As A Marketing Tool – Does Quality Blogging Content Equal Profits?
Corporate blogging is a relatively new idea, and the jury is still out on whether it will succeed in the long term. This controversial marketing tool may be the beginning of a new kind of advertising strategy, or it may fizzle out in a matter of months.
Many companies are looking for ways to capitalize on the blogging trend, and many of these corporations have determined that a great way to ride the blogging wave is to keep a blog on their corporate website. These blogs are often created to appeal to the demographic that the company needs to court, and the content may have quite a lot to do with the activities of the corporation, or it may have very little to do with the company itself.
Often, a corporate blog will focus on the kinds of content likely to attract the desired surfers, even if that content is not related to the product or service that the company provides.
Some bloggers feel that corporate blogging is a kind of validation for the blogging movement, and shows that this exciting new medium has really infiltrated the mainstream.
Other bloggers consider the kind of viral marketing that corporate blogs practice to be unethical or distasteful. In any case, watching the evolution of corporate blogs and whether they survive and proliferate or fail and disappear promises to provide some interesting insight into today’s consumers because you can certainly…
Boost Your Marketing Business Profitability With Quality Blogging!
A business blog is an incredible online marketing tool that can save you a lot of money but will provide great business opportunities with just one click. Blogs are a user-friendly, customized and flexible medium for disseminating useful information for effective positioning of your products in the market.
Companies or individuals engaging in business blogging have a definite edge over their competitors. Here are some advantages:
1. In a recent survey, there are currently 14 million blogs with 80,000 more being added each day and about 30 percent of 50 million users are blog readers. Imagine how much gain your company will have, if your products are advertised through blogs. With Internet, information spreads so quickly especially if an impressive write-up goes with your product. Soon your blogs will be passed on to thousands of possible customers with a snowball effect.
Awareness and loyalty
2. Open communication with your customers creates trust and loyalty among them. Being there to respond to their questions and comments make them all the more willing to try your products and services.
3. Blogs are good for product research and reviews. It would be easier to improve on your products if you observe your customers’ thinking and behavioral patterns. You can also take immediate action to your customers’ concerns.
4. Bloggers are reasonable, friendly and helpful. They will create a blogosphere of comments regarding your product or their own product. The only thing you have to do is embrace and take active part in the culture and your product will surely be considered in their next stop to the online supermarket.
For better marketing results, actively promote your business blogs by submitting your blogs to blog search sites and directories. Do not forget to paste in with your blogs, your URL. Be sure that your blogs contain exclusive information with value and are always updated to keep readers popping in, read up your blog, move on to the next and click on again for updates.
The benefits to be gained from blogging are tremendous and have limitless potential as a marketing tool. Blogging is like a setup booth in the biggest trade show on earth everyday. Marketing possibilities are just around the corner waiting to strike your sale scales up.
The Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds are important too in conjunction with your blogs to get the best benefits. Use effective keyword phrases to generate high ranking status in the search engine traffic. In this way you have better chances of people finding your website leading to your blogs. More traffic means more potential sales.
For this to be successful, you can use RSS for news update feeds which can be read through a RSS reader application. This is a very useful tool for home business owners as well as the big companies and internet marketers as well.
If you are already convinced with the potentials of business blogs for marketing and targeting sales increase, you are now ready to start blogging. But first, you have to be in tune with your business objectives and determine if blogging will really help you achieve your goals.
Boost Marketing Profits Blogging
2. Setup several test blogs right away.
If your initial try out with blogs worked well, you can now start setting up your blogs.
Study blog design. Blog hosting services provide pre-designed templates. But if you opt for paid blog service, you can ask your artist to design and layout your blog site to match what your blog’s content is going to be.
Choose a topic. It’s good to have a line-up of topics you want for your blogs but be sure they are in sync with your business objectives. This would be a test of your flexibility and open-mindedness since results may be going against the set objectives.
3. Remember the following safety measures in blogging:
legal issues are sometimes involved in blogging; it is safer to include disclaimers and limitations of liabilities;
avoid outright marketing blog or you will shy away your readers;
make content updated, relevant and fresh;
reinforce your business’s core values;
4. Start blogging and complete 20 posts before going to marketing.
5. Begin marketing.
6. Regularly monitor the coming ins and outs of readers and get updates. Then, measure your results.
7. Adjust if needed. You can always play with your designs in the blog site as long as it remains to match the company’s identity.
8. Strive to be consistent with your topic all the time.
9. Try to have unrelated topics with general and broad appeal.
10. Schedule updates regularly. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday would be best to update blogs.
Once you have done all these things, you can now get started and ultimately enjoy the benefits of blogging from the comfort of your own living room couch.
But before you make a start, and as already mentioned. You can submit your blogs to blog search sites and directories, but you have to decide if you are going to use blogging sites to publish your blog or have your own blogging site.
Of course you can do both but why publish on someone else’s site where you have to wait to get your blog approved before anyone can read it? It makes much more sense to have your own site or even more than one site for different blog themes/topics. This way you are in total control and of course you can publish as often as you like when you like.
There is an online company with a terrific program and platform that will give you two free websites with free hosting on their Cloud Hosting Service thrown in. What could be a better start to your blogging career than that? Even if you are already blogging it still makes a great deal of sense to do it with no cost to you getting started with your own site(s).
Why not take a look by clicking on the image at the end of this article. This will take you to a sign up form where you only have to enter a few details but absolutely no credit card ones. Did you know that wealthy affiliate blogs get ranked by Google. I’m sure you will be impressed with everything that you will have access to.
You could also leave a comment below as well or use the Contact Form within the top menu of this page. I will reply as I do to all who take the time to do comment.
Thank you for reading article and I hope to see you on the inside where I and all the other members will be waiting to help you anytime you need a few pointers.