Work From Home Mom Tips For Making Money With A Home Job Or Business Opportunity
How To Work At Home Jobs – Or even better – How do you turn a work from home business opportunity into a successful one? Other work at home people are making it happen, so how can you do it? A good question and I will do my best to answer it in this article.
You read about those in the home jobs and home business arena who are making a really good income. You hear about others who are in different types of home business opportunities who are millionaires. HOW DO THEY DO IT, and can you do the same thing?
What’s the key to making the big bucks with an online job or business opportunity? Below are four tips to help you achieve the work at home success you want. I will deal with the phone first.
Four Tips For Business Phone Calls
- Don’t apologize. In the past when my kids were with me, there where times they talked or where noisy when I was on the phone. I used to say, “I’m sorry, my kids are here…” But thankfully, I changed those scenarios. I was so grateful to Ponn Sabra, author of Empowering Women to Power Network for setting me straight. She told me to be proud my kids when they were with me. And she was right. When I proudly stated, “My kids are with me today,” I found callers were gracious. Most replied with, “Oh, that’s nice! Enjoy your time with them.”
- Be prepared for the unexpected. As a mom, you wear many hats. When on the phone, always smile and project a good attitude. But be prepared to deal with unexpected situations. If children are disruptive during a call, remain calm. This is the time to have a sense of humour and make light of the situation. If the caller hears the background cries and you’re unable to quickly control the situation, offer to call back at a later time. “Would ten minutes or a half hour be better for you?”
- Give “silent hellos or goodbyes”. Laurie Hurley of Home Tutoring Business developed a “silent hello” (or goodbye) she uses when on the phone and her girls walk in or out. Laurie wears a headset to free her hands for a big hug and a quiet kiss. Her girls are trained to be quiet and they understand she can’t hang up just because they’ve arrived. The girls compete to see who can be the quietest, and Laurie doesn’t have to hang up on a client!
- Leave your children “reminders”. Melody Spier of Ballyhoo Virtual Services purchased a small stop sign for her office door. It serves as a visual reminder for her kids to stop and listen so they don’t burst in during a business call. Below the sign she posted three questions for her kids to ask themselves before interrupting.
- Is someone hurt?
- Does it concern schoolwork?
- Would you pay $5 for the answer? ($5 = the 15 minutes it takes to work through the question and get refocused)
This cuts the interruptions down to almost zero after about a week.
Be proud of your decision to work from home. Be prepared for the unexpected. Give silent hellos or good-byes, and leave your children reminders. You can experience more success with your at home business by following these simple tips.
Now lets move on to the second part of this article; How To Start Home Business, ideally for free
Free Home Based Business
Most traditional businesses can cost thousands to start. So if you want inexpensive and/or free then try using a Web based business. There are several free tools available to help you create a high content design website with a specific focus that can be a great network marketing asset.
If you want to make money from home, but you don’t want to have to invest in a product then affiliate marketing may be the best option for you. Once you have your website complete and have high volumes of traffic using your keywords and SEOs then you are ready to find a merchant that will affiliate with you.
What Is Affiliate Marketing
There are usually only three steps to making money with affiliate marketing. The affiliate promotes a merchants site with a link on his or her own web page. The merchants products and services are promoted through the link. When a customer clicks on a link and makes a purchase the merchant gives the affiliate a commission. This is because that visitor found the link from the affiliate.
The merchant and the affiliate will agree prior to the link being posted on what the actual commission will be for a particular sale. The affiliate needs to make sure that the product and services he or she is promoting have to do with each other. You want to have a targeted audience and be able to promote these products and services on the affiliate site.
If an affiliate has several types of businesses to promote they need to have their own sites independent of each other. This will keep things organized and only get the visitors who will generate sales. Make sure that all the pages you have are themed and are easy to find on the popular search engines. You want to make sure that you are attracting potential buyers. Those buyers are specifically looking for what your merchant or merchants have to offer.
How To Affiliate Marketing
Figure out if a program offer is relevant to what your site contains. Then choose a website with high ranks on keyword searches. The higher the ranking on a specific search engine the higher the traffic that will be generated. This will also mean that this is a popular program, which is what you are looking for. You have found that site that will help you build a good affiliate relationship with your potential customers.
Now it is time to contact your affiliate manager. This person will work with you to establish an account with the said company. It is their job to be helpful and effective as well as respond back to you quickly. The affiliate manager should also be willing to go that extra step to make sure you have long-term success.
Referring back to the first part of this article about phone calls. The best method of selling your site to someone else is to speak to your customers and visitors, as if they are your friends. They will feel more comfortable and in turn promote and advocate your sites and business to others.
The best way to grow your affiliate business and generate cash flow is to sell other peoples products, within an affiliate program. Its a sole source of income for the seller if they are not using an affiliate program. The more products of other people you sell the more in turn you will make. The first successful website is always the most difficult. Once you have figured it out you will surely succeed.
How To Affiliate – Create A Website For Affiliate Marketing
To become a successful entrepreneur you must first have a website. To help you with this first website I will point you in the direction of the company I’ve been with for over three years.
You will get first class training and as a bonus they will give you two websites absolutely free of charge. Not only that but those sites will be hosted for you on the internet a no cost as well.
Here is a link to their Home Page where you can browse all that this company can and will do to get you started with your very own online business.
To your success folks and I hope to see you soon. Make sure you look me up. Here’s a link to my profile so that you can see I am who I say I am within the company.
You can also leave a comment below and perhaps give your thoughts on my article and making money online in general. I will reply to all who do so.
Enjoy your day.